Today we have decided to weview the mobile money transfer facility from Shoprite. Sending money through the Shoprite, Checkers, or Checkers Hyper Money Market counters is extremely fast, simple, and a reliable way to send and receive money. This service takes the hassle out of going to a bank and is extremely cost effective. Lets take a look…
How to register?
There is no “registration” needed, as all transactions are recorded each time. Having your ID document present is mandatory for the process for be completed.
How to send & receive money?
- Go to your nearest Shoprite Money Market counter with your SA ID book.
- Give the Money Market cashier the SA ID, the money you want to transfer and pay R9.99.
- You choose your secret PIN number and the cashier gives you a receipt with a money transfer reference number. That’s it. The money is transferred immediately.
- You send your secret PIN number and money transfer reference number to the person who needs to receive the money.
To receive the money is just as simple, The person who needs to receive the money takes his or her SA ID book, the money transfer reference number and PIN to any Shoprite Money Market counter to collect the money. Collecting the money is FREE.
Overall a great offering by a large retail group which is backed by Capitec. Shoprite Holdings adds value to their retail stores in a way which aids and assists their customers effectively. The process is simple, and cost effective, and a great way to send money.
• Great for the man on the street, simple, walk-in walk-out process
• Transfers are instant
• No bank account needed to transact. Easy cash system at the money market points
• With a Shoprite/Checkers/Checkers Hyper around every corner, locating a money market counter wont be too much of a hassle
• The Vodacom network can be trusted for safety, security and consistency
• Costs only R9.99 per transaction
• Transactions are limited to operating hours of the retail store
• ID document must be present when sending or receiving money(driver’s license or passport will not be accepted)
• Money must be collected within 5 minutes of the transfer