At Tutuka one of our services is to provide branded prepaid cards to our clients. 2012 Was a massive year for both us and our clients and here are some stats:
- There was an overall increase of 11% in voucher usage between 2011 and 2012
- On average the spend on a card is R510 and people tend to spend double on a prepaid card than they do a regular credit or debit card.
- We issued over 37 million rands worth of e-vouchers last year
- Gauteng rates the highest with an average spend of R1,171 loaded onto gift cards
- Shopping centres make on average R140 per square meter of space on gift vouchers
- Only spillage alone a shopping centre can make up to R40,000 per year
Most importantly the benefits of being able to increase footfall into your shopping centre. In order to use the cards shoppers need to physically be in-store, meaning you increase your footfall.