Today we look at Nedbank PocketPOS™. A device which connects via Bluetooth, and can turn a smartphone or tablet into a POS device. This device-app combination provides convenience for payments & can be charged via USB in a car or a laptop. The PocketPOS allows for on-the-go payments to be received from customers, and accepts debit and credit cards.
Steps to use PocketPOS™:
- After signing up with Nedbank on the site www.simplybiz.co.za, the device will be delivered to you.
- You would have to download the Nedbank PocketPOS™ application from your App store and follow the registration process set out in the application.
- You then pair your Nedbank PocketPOS™ and smartphone or tablet through Bluetooth.
- Open the application to enter and process a transaction. As the merchant, you will initiate the transaction through your smartphone or tablet (entering amount and customer or purchase details) and then only pass the Nedbank PocketPOS™ device to the customer to insert his or her card as well as PIN.
- Once the transaction has been approved, depending on the type of Nedbank PocketPOS device, the customer will receive a receipt by email or a receipt will be printed
- Mobility on transactions within a store
- The device accepts all major chip & pin cards (debit & credit)
- A printer option is available for instant receipts
- Connected via Bluetooth, therefore the smartphone or tablet does not need to be handed to the customer
- Reliant on internet connectivity for processing of payments
- It is restricted to Andoid and iOS platforms, for use of the app