As part and parcel of our weekly bank rewards programme reviews, this week’s Weview Wednesday looks at the Nedbank Greenbacks Rewards Programme. With the festive season rapidly making its way to our pockets, what better way to spend than to be rewarded for your spending? We’ve already looked at the Standard Bank U-Count Rewards; the Absa Rewards Programme, FNB eBucks and now let’s see what the Nedbank Greenbacks Programme has to offer its clients.
How it works?
- Register for Nedbank Greenbacks Rewards at http://www.nedbankgreenbacks.co.za at an annual fee of R179.
- Earn Greenbacks every time you use your Nedbank cheque or credit card, earning one point for every R5 you use on eligible spend and two points for every R5 spent on eligible spend when using you American Express credit or cheque card
- Top up your account with additional Nedbank Greenbacks at a cost of R0.04 each. (A minimum of 1000/R40 Greenbacks must be purchased at a time)
- Spend your Greenbacks points on anything from flights to weekends away, electronic gadgets, shopping vouchers, cash on a prepaid card, car rental, donations to charity, investments in Nedgroup Investment unit trusts and more.
- Help out a friend in need by transferring your Nedbank Greenbacks to another Nedbank Greenbacks account absolutely free by calling 086- 555 111 or 0860 555 222 for Nedbank Personal Relationship Banking clients or 0860 111 263 for Nedbank Private Wealth Clients
- Joining Nedbank Greenbacks Rewards is quick, easy and free
- You can link up to 10 credit or cheque cards to this account at no additional fee and gain Nedbank Greenbacks on your accumulated spend on all cards
- Nedbank Greenbacks never expire allowing you to save your points towards those rewards you’ve always wanted
- The balance on your Nedbank Greenbacks account is updated on a daily basis and you will receive quarterly statements to inform you of your balance
- Spend your Nedbank Greenbacks either on their online shop or by calling 086- 555 111 or 0860 555 222 for Nedbank Personal Relationship Banking clients or 0860 111 263 for Nedbank Private Wealth Clients and provide them with all the relevant details
- If you do not spend on your Nedbank card for five months or more, your Nedbank Greenbacks account is considered dormant and you will lose those points
- You can only apply to reopen your Nedbank Greenbacks account three months thereafter, and your forfeited Greenbacks will be reinstated in full
- Nedbank Greenbacks are only earned on eligible card spend which excludes cash withdrawals, casino chip purchases, fuel purchases, finance and other card charges, fees or taxes levied by Nedbank or the government, the purchase of travellers cheques or other negotiable instruments, garage card transactions, budget account installments and interest, insurance premiums and internet transfers or payments