Grocery shopping is an inevitable part of most of our lives and with growing inflation and growing prices, budgeting, more often than not comes into play.
Nothing is worse than getting to a till to pay for your groceries and realizing that you’ve gone over budget, and that you still have other stops to make, like a visit to your local butchery perhaps.
That got me to thinking, surely there must be an easier way to ensure that I stay within my budget when it comes to spending on groceries, whether it be on meat, veggies or whatever. So having a look at Tutuka’s prepaid card system, I thought of easy ways that this could become helpful in aiding me, let say, if I were a butchery for example.
Using the prepaid system, customers at my butchery could now have prepaid amounts of their budgeted costs to spend on their meat, without the concern of overspending. Now they could also send their grandparents, children or flatmates to do the monthly meat shopping, without the concern that the money will be accidentally spent on anything else or lost.
So, as a butchery, how would I go about doing this?
What are the benefits of this?
- No more budgetary stresses
- No more worry about overspending money meant for other goods
- Moving forward onto a paperless system
From rewards to gifts and incentives, there are plenty of other uses for butchery prepaid cards.
1- Butchery gift cards
- For corporate entities as prizes for customers
- For corporate entities as incentives for employees
- For the general public as gifts
- For my management to give to loyal guests
2- Rewards cards
- Reward loyal guests for continued business
- Swipe anytime they use a butchery in my chain
- Swipes help them build up points or monetary value
- Exchange points for a butchery gift card, a discount on their next buy or perhaps a free deal.
3- Incentive cards
- For my employees
- Source of motivation
- Employee of the month will receive a free deal.
- My first step is to create card numbers on the Tutuka website
- I could print these numbers onto anything from paper vouchers to plastic cards
- Once existing clients have done their sale, I could also issue them with a discount voucher on other offerings at my butchery, offering them an opportunity to come back
- A gift card can be sold, to customers who wish to give them as a gift for those braai enthusiasts
- The card is scanned or swiped for the payment of these goods sold
Here’s how I could go prepaid at my butchery:
1- Go to Tutuka’s website
2- Set your login details
(NB: you will be derided for weak passwords)
You can now create, load and redeem closed loop* prepaid card accounts at your leisure.
Swift and simple, the prepaid process is both easy and beneficial with Tutuka.
*closed loop cards are those issued by a specific merchant and can only be redeemed at that same merchant.