Tutuka is hiring and looking particularly for a UK or Ireland based Remote ColdFusion Developer.
Why Tutuka and ColdFusion:
As a developer at Tutuka you’ll be growing high scalability systems that process tens of millions of transactions and tying them to web, mobile and API interfaces that make it easy for people to issue prepaid cards all over the world.
We are looking for remote ColdFusion developers based in the UK or Ireland. You may ask why?
- You are on a similar time zone as our in house team in South Africa
- It is easy to fly between the UK and South Africa, even with an economy class dinner in front of you
- You understand our liking for Little Britain and Monty Python
What you will be doing:
We are not big on specific buzzwords. Right now we are heavy users of ColdFusion (Fusebox & ColdBox), SQL Server, Bootstrap, JQuery, HTML5. Slowly we are using more and more Java, Ruby, AngularJS and ZeroMQ.
Lots of space to try new things like:
- High availability and performance through queuing, optimisation, caching
- Pushing API limits with REST, versioning, XML-RPC
- Test Driven development/continuous integration and deployment
- Secure coding and encryption
- HTML5 mobile front ends
We work to agile principles of user stories, scrums and sprints.
What’s in it for you:
- Flexibility of working remotely with a technical team of your level that is pushing ColdFusion to the limit
- Competitive UK salary
- Two or more paid trips to sunny South Africa each year
- One paid trip to CF Objective each year
- Space to contribute back to open source projects
- Great training. For example when we started with ColdBox we flew Luis Majano out to spend a week with us
- The chance to have your work used by our clients in multiple countries across Asia, Africa, Middle East and Latin America where your code touches millions of people
We subscribe to the “other” Joel test:
- Are you smart?
- Do you get stuff done?
Beyond that we are looking for:
- Developers who love ColdFusion
- Who can think logically and write really well
- Want to work remotely with your own broadband connection
- Must live in the UK or Ireland so that you overlap our time zone
Tutuka makes it easy to issue prepaid cards. Whether you are a store, mall, bank, corporate or telco. We take care of the complicated world of card processing and provide simple to use API’s for businesses to issue, redeem and reconcile prepaid cards. No big IT projects. No high start up costs. No hidden fees.
- In business since 1998 and running over 300 different card programmes
- MasterCard and Visa’s premier processor for mobile companion cards across Africa, Middle East and Asia
- Multiple awards including “Leading Prepaid Organisation in Central Europe, Middle East and Africa” at the UK Prepaid Awards
- Many open source contributions, particularly to ColdBox
- We are big users of git, Bamboo, Confluence, HipChat, RedGate
Apply by sending a short resume and links to your work to email@example.com