Accepting credit cards on your smartphone is easy with the ROAMpay credit card swiper. The iPhone card reader connects to a number of mobile phones and makes it possible to swipe cards for transactions that are speedy and secure. The ROAMpay swiper from ROAM Data is an iPhone card reader, but it also connects to over 400 devices.
The physical credit card reader is used with an accompanying app and merchant account. Bearing a lot of versatility, ROAMpay is not tied to a single type of phone, and it also is not limited to a single app or merchant service.
Steps to use ROAMpay:
- The ROAMpay plugs into the audio jack and converts your phone into a secure POS terminal
- Accept major credit cards like Visa, MasterCard, DiscoverNetwork and American Express
- Key-in or swipe transactions on your mobile phone or PC/Mac and get your money fast, deposited to your favorite account in two business days
- The credit card information is encrypted and transferred to your phone (just make sure the volume is turned up all the way)
- The credit card information is never stored on your phone, so you don’t have to worry about that liability nightmare
- Merchants can now quickly and securely process electronic transactions on their mobile phone, regardless of location
- By using the optional magnetic stripe card reader, merchants can also qualify for the best rates available from their merchant service provider
- The app is password protected, so you can avoid false charges if your phone is ever lost or stolen
- The solution is completely PCI compliant, which means it adheres to the strict standards of the payment card industry
- Emailed ROAMpay receipts will keep your customers well informed of their purchase.
- The credit card swiper is extremely compact and remarkably portable
- The credit card reader can connect to a huge selection of devices, including (but not limited to) the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, BlackBerry devices and an array of Android phones. The reader works with over 400 phones, including new smartphones and even some older flip phones
- You can even connect the ROAMpay card reader to your PC or Mac. You can connect the ROAMpay to your computer through the audio output (headphone) and input (microphone) jacks with a Y-cable. Then you can use the ROAM Data virtual terminal to accept credit cards on your computer
- The ROAMpay app doesn’t calculate tax, prompt for a tip or include signature capture
- ROAMpay requires a merchant account from one of their accepted partners